May 12, 2013

"My Mama Used to Say..." Words of Wisdom from our Moms

We, the ladies of Horseshoe want to say:

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

 Our Moms have been inspirations and guides to us on our collective journey's into womanhood. Here are a few gems to share about our Moms.

Jill: My Mom has taught me many things but one that speaks volumes is that it's okay to just be yourself.  Lucky to have you Mom--thanks for loving me even when I may not deserve it.  Happy Mothers Day!


Danielle: My mum has always encouraged me to dream big and be myself. She is a strong and intelligent woman who has always allowed me to express myself and has been there for me throughout my journey into adulthood. Happy Mother's Day Mum from the other side of the world!

 

Jennifer: My Mom has also showed me that family and love is most important, to take care of yourself and others. Her style advice has always been about a staple pair of earrings, a signature scent and of course, mascara.

 

  Nico: My mom is beautiful. She has lived a very interesting life and through her I have learned that life is a long journey of experiences. Regardless of our pasts and desired futures, being content with what I have today is true happiness. Although our lives are often cluttered with hard decisions, my mom has shown me that as long as I am living from the heart, love and goodness will always be my guide. 

I have vivid memories of my mom driving me to school with her big sunglasses and putting lipstick on in the rear-view mirror. This was ingrained in me as a child and I definitely carry that on!

 

 Nikole: My mom taught me that I can do anything I put my mind to. She has always been a strong and independent woman and has instilled in me the values of hard work and determination. Always there to encourage me, she challenges me to think outside of the box and push myself further. Happy Mother's Day, Mama! I love you!

 

  Rachel: I could go for days on the things my mama's taught me. But for today, it's that life is full of surprises. How we welcome them is our choice. The sun and the ocean are good for your soul. Tuna casserole sucks no matter how you try to spice it. And finally, parenthood is the most challenging and rewarding surprise of all.